Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Loud as hell!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member jeremy c's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 26th, 2000
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Rafe-
    Victor told me all about it. The setup sounds (hehe no pun intended) like it will be really nice.

    A couple years ago, I was helping a friend put a 3-inch RS*R downpipe on his Eclipse turbo. Well, we couldn't get the exhaust to fit, so he had to drive around with just the downpipe for a couple days. Sure the turbo quited it doqn a bit, but it was still *really* loud. And the turbo would spool up right off idle.


    I have so many fond memories of being in and around friends' cars with no exhausts. smile

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the worst experience I had like this was about 17 years ago when I put a JDM 18RG twin cam into my '74 Celica. There was no exhaust system sold in the US that would fit the manifold, so I drove it to the muffler shop with the manifold and nothing else. That was PAINFUL. The worst part was calling ahead and prearranging the installation of a custom exhaust, driving to the shop and then being turned away because the guy who did the custom work had to leave early. I had to drive back home that way, only to return the next day.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member jasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 1999
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh yeah it is going to be loud. Where are you going to get your exhaust done?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •